Fun, Free Grammar Games &
Do You Know a Fun Grammar Game?
Do you know of a grammar game or activity that is always good fun? Maybe it was one you used to love to play as a child? Or maybe you are a parent or teacher and play it with your own children or class? Or maybe it's a game that's perfect for adults rather than children, and can be used to spice up dinner parties? If so, please tell us about it!
Your grammar game should be:
- Non-commerical — This isn't the page for games like Scrabble and Balderdash that have to be purchased.
- Uncommon — The game or activity does not have to be totally original, but it can't be one like 'Hangman' or 'I Spy' that everybody already knows.
- Easy to organize — Putting together some basic resources is fine, but it shouldn't take a whole evening to prepare.
- Fun to play — The game should be entertaining and mustn't feel like a typical grammar quiz or boring drill.
Your description should include:
- A title for your game — Make it as catchy as possible.
- A brief overview of the game — Include the reasons that you really like it.
- The target group — For example, '5 to 8 year olds', 'adult dinner party', 'presentation ice-breaker', 'students of English as a 2nd language', 'ideal for car trips' etc.
- Resources needed to play the game — Preferably nothing too complicated, but paper, pens, cards, dictionaries, and so on are fine.
- The game duration — An estimate of how long the game usually takes to play.
- Step-by-step instructions — This is the most important one! It's crucial that your instructions don't lead to confusion about how to play the game.
Grammar Games by Other Visitors
Click below to see all the cool grammar games and activities submitted by other Word Buff visitors...
Return to Word Games Home from Grammar Games